Trump is favored in more states, but needs more of the swing states to win the election. That gives him 126 electoral votes, requiring 144 more to win election. The latest odds from Bodog have Former Vice President Joe Biden a -180 favorite (64.3%) to win the election. As experts have pointed out, that’s very different from what polling experts have suggested. Presidential election is expected to be the biggest betting event ever, with many wagers expected to come in just as the ballot boxes close. The whole world will be watching to see the result, and many won’t stop wagering, as live wagering will keep things interesting right up until the last state is called.
2020 Election Betting Odds
UK-based internet betting exchange Betfair said on Sunday its “Next President” market was set to become the most traded it had ever seen and expected to surpass even Brexit, the contentious UK referendum to leave the European Union. Betfair reports a larger number of bets and money in recent days have been on Trump. Betfair revealing that more than a quarter of a billion dollars has been wagered on its exchange for the 2020 presidency is proof. Paired with UK bookmakers taking action on the Trump vs. Biden outcome, and total betting handle could approach the $1 billion mark when all is said and done. Betting markets like Augur and Polymarket are up as bettors attempt to predict the US election. But overseas, betting on the current election will remain open until a winner is officially declared.
Troops Removed From Afghanistan, Presidential Election Odds Shift
For example, the 538 forecast [source] closed with Biden having an 89% chance to win, compared a 10% chance for Trump (they had an Electoral College tie as a 1% possibility). Presidential election is less than two months away, and Democratic candidate Joe Biden has increased his lead in the polls and various sportsbooks abroad. And some believe that online betting markets are better to forecast who will win on November 3. This guide is designed for those interested in the current Vegas odds for the 2022 Midterms, the 2024 Presidential election, and where to wager at US-friendly sportsbooks that accept political bets.
What Political Betting Looks Like Now
Betfair Exchange saw its biggest political bet of all time on the election eve, with one person putting down a £1-million (C$1.7-million) bet on Biden. Should Biden win, the player would take home £1.5 million (C$2.5 million). President Donald Trump and former vice-president Joe Biden has become the single biggest betting event of all time, according to the betting company.
Us Presidential Election Odds 2020 Weekly Rundown: Trump Drifts
Currently, the answer to this question is no, you can’t legally bet on any election in the United States. The state of West Virginia did try to add political betting props as an option earlier in 2020 but it was quickly removed. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris leads the way in terms of odds to win the 2024 election as the market opened. Of course this is a market that is along way away, but as of now the Vice President-elect leads the way over the President-elect Joe Biden and current President Donald Trump.
The remaining interesting or close races will usually have lines posted. You can expect to find House odds for races during a given general election cycle or midterm election, even though there are usually hundreds of races taking place. There’s no chance of you losing some of your hard-earned money if you should make an incorrect prediction. A bet on the election, on the other hand, would require you to stake some cash. That’s the reason why you can legally participate in these pools in nearly every state. The dominant concern is that allowing such betting would compromise the integrity of elections.
Unfortunately for the presidential nominee hopeful, Biden shored up his lead on Super Tuesday, particularly in North Carolina. Biden went on to win South Carolina, West Virginia, and by mid-March, had an insurmountable lead across the US. With a day to go before the Nov. 3 election day, betting companies say they’re still seeing bets pour in. Making sure you find a safe and reputable online sportsbook should be your number one priority before betting on politics online. Finding an online sportsbook that offers great signup and deposit bonuses, while also offering the deposit options you need, are a few of the main tips we urge you to look for.
Betfair Exchange Odds For The Us Election
There are limited ways of betting on which party, or candidate will take over the White House. However, knowing the different ways to bet on US Presidential Elections is key to profiting off the political process. Below are some of the most popular bet types seen at legal sites with 2020 Presidential Election Odds.